Track and Field takes CVC title

Fresno City College track and field team outran College of the Sequoias and Merced College to win the Central Valley Conference Championship. The men’s team finished with a team score of 148 and the women’s team finished with 137.

Freshman 100-meter sprinter Aaron Johnson finished fourth in the men’s 100-meter run with a time of 11.09 while Shamlyn Pinchback finished first in the women’s 100-meter run with a time of 12.27. Lee Daniels finished first in the men’s 110-meter hurdles with a time 14.97.

“I’ve accomplished a lot of my goals I set this season but it’s still not over. I’m preparing for state,” said Daniels.

Martin Rowell topped all runners in the 5000-meter run with a time of 15:34:95 and Ryan Colebrook took first in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 53:63.

“We overcome many hurdles, injuries and various obstacles from the beginning of the year and our men and women had a great showing at the conference championship meets,” said head coach Jesus Reyes.

Freshman Melanee Mcbath finished first in the 800-meter with a time of 2:25:43.

“This season was tough. The training prepared me for the season and kept me focused during tough times this year,” said Mcbath.

Next up for the Rams will be the Nor-Cal championship May 4-11.

Twenty two runners will represent FCC on their way to American River to face the best runners in Northern California.

Reyes isn’t concerned of the schools the Rams will be competing against. Rather it’s the clock he looks at.

“One of our mottos is we run against the clock not our opponents,” said Reyes. “It helps bring out the best in us.”