Woman’s Basketball Beats Reedley in Convincing Fashion

Photo by: Fabio Saravia
Fresno City College’s Women’s Basketball Player Rajdeep Kaur, #23 attempting to score in a home game versus College of the Sequoias at the FCC gym on Feb. 21, 2024.

Fresno City College Women’s Basketball team beats their rivals Reedley in a convincing win on Feb. 14 at the FCC Gym.

The Rams start the season with a three game winning streak. They led the first quarter 30 to Reedley’s 20. 

The crowd was electric and the energy was felt throughout the gym.

The roar of the crowd echoed with screaming chants like “defense” in support of these teams. 

During the second quarter of the game the physically was picking up with the Rams trying to attack the basket and draw fouls. 

The game was being played at a good pace with the Rams and Reedley trading buckets before ending the half 49 to 37 Rams leading.

After halftime the defense for The Rams picked up and they started sharing the ball tremendously. 

The Rams smashed ahead with a 25 to 16 scoring differential in the third quarter leading Reedley 74 to 53.

Starting off in the fourth the referees seemed to be more lenient to Reedley with giving them a few calls they weren’t calling in the first half but at this point the game was way out of hand.

The Rams continued to share the ball and getting others open shots and ended the fourth quarter leading Reedley 99 to 70 to end the game. 

The crowd was giving applause in the good performance put on by the Rams.

This article has been changed since original publication to add a photo taken by Fabio Saravia.