Rams’ Coach ranks 3rd in California JC History with 900 Career Wins

Scott started his baseball career at the community college level and played baseball at Canada College in Bay Area. He then transferred to the Miami University where he helped lead the

Hurricanes to the College World Series title game.

He played on Team USA baseball that won the gold medal in the 1974 World Games.

In his 27 seasons as FCC head coach, Scott has a record of 900-329-2. More than 190 of Scott’s former Rams have played baseball at the four-year collegiate level.

Assistant Coach Eric Solberg, who doubles as the men’s soccer coach in the fall has been coach scott’s right hand for 26 season. Teaching FCC pitchers what it takes to be successful on the mound.

He has seen the progression of Coach Scott from a young coach making his mark at FCC to one of the most successful JC coaches in California.

“Anytime you get a big milestone like that you get a lot of reflection,” said Solberg.

He instills hard work into his players. Having numerous former players having received scholarships to colleges around the country.

“He talked about becoming a hard worker,” said sophomore pitcher, James Santa Cruz Jr. “That’s the emphasis, working hard every day.”

He joins two other coaches — Don Sneddon of Santa Ana at 1,071-384-3 who is retired and Scott Pickler, current Cypress coach who is at 937-468-4 — with at least 900 games in California junior college baseball history..

“He expects the most out of you,” said Sophomore pitcher Ryan Soares. “He holds you accountable. Everything he does is to boost confidence in his players.”

Len Bourdet, Scott’s predecessor who went 722-374 in 31 seasons as Rams coach, threw out the first pitch Saturday.

Between the two coaches there are 1,622 FCC victories since 1958.

“It’s an honor, he’s been doing this for a long time,”said Santa Cruz Jr. “Just to be a part of something that doesn’t happen very often is quite special. I’m happy for him and glad he got it.”