De Romas’ move to Fresno paying off

Photo by: Yeng

Adam De Romas was born in Dubai, but at a young age he moved to Australia, where he became accustomed to the people and atmosphere.

He started playing tennis at the age of 8 with help from his father who would teach him the game and take him along to matches and practices.

De Romas has only been in Fresno since 2011, but he has adapted well to his new environment as he has created a lot of friends playing the sport he loves.

His current coach at FCC, Steve Loop, was coached by his coaches in Australia.

De Romas has learned well from Loop who runs a disciplined program and always has his players conditioned for the season.

“They really meant business when I got here,” said Adam.

He and all his teammates stay in the same house. This has helped them create a bond and brotherhood closer than any other.

The 2012 FCC men’s tennis team took the state championship last season and they are looking once again to take the crown. De Romas feels confident that the team can make another run at the title.

“We actually have a strong team, stronger than last years and we’re doing much better than last season. We are pretty confident right now,” said De Romas.

For De Romas, the best part of playing with these guys is sharing his love of tennis.

“I’m just having fun with my teammates. They love doing what they do and that is play tennis,” said De Romas.

De Romas’ favorite tennis player is Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

Although De Romas would like to go pro one day, he see’s the importance in education. And so he is at FCC pursuing a degree in psychology.

Outside of tennis, De Romas enjoys going out and spending time with the players he’s created a bond with.

The University of Montana, Montana State University and Fresno Pacific University are recruiting De Romas at the moment.

He wants to stay in California when he transfers, maybe San Diego,but he will wait after the season ends to make a decision.

View Comments (1)