Nature the Victor of Matchup between Fresno City College and Siskiyous

Story By: Anthony De Leon, Sports Editor

Raging wild fires near the Siskiyous County has led to the cancellation of the week two matchup between Fresno City College and College of the Siskiyous due to unhealthy air quality.

Saturday’s game was scheduled for 1pm, but according to air quality index the current air quality is unhealthy and warns that children, older adults and those with respiratory issues should reduce prolonged or heavy out door exertion.

The current AQI number is 165 on a scale that measures the level of how hazardous the air quality is, with 200 being the measure for hazardous standard. The dominant pollutant in the air are tiny particulate matter classified as PM2.5 which irritates the eyes, nose and respiratory system with long term exposure aggravates heart and lung disease.

The matchup is now scheduled to be played on Oct. 6 at 1pm which now gives the Rams an opportunity to be well rested and ready to prepare for their game against Butte on Sep. 15.

Anthony De Leon, Sports Editor
Anthony De Leon is a 23 year old 3rd year Fresno City College student and is starting his third semester writing for The Rampage and his second semester as Rampage sports editor. Becoming a Journalism student in 2014, Anthony has a passion for all things sports, music, and opinion. Born and raised in Fresno, his...