President Orders Student Government to Be Trained on Brown Act, Responsibilities

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo of an ASG meeting from the Rampage Archive.

Photo by: Jo Murrieta

Photo by: Jo Murrieta

Photo by: Jo Murrieta

Story By: Larry Valenzuela, Multimedia Editor

Just one day after the release of a Rampage story concerning the violations of Brown Act in the Associated Student Government, Carole Goldsmith, president of Fresno City College, informed Christopher Washington, ASG president, that the student government will be attending a two-hour workshop, focusing on Brown Act and responsibilities of student government officers.

FCC President Goldsmith notifies ASG President Christopher Washington of a mandatory workshop focused on Brown Act and the responsibilities of student government officers following the release of The Rampage feature story concerning Brown Act violations, Thursday, Sept. 27 2018.

The workshop will be led by Eileen O’Hare-Anderson, general counsel for the State Center Community College District and Goldsmith herself.

The meeting will take place on Oct. 3 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the ASG Senate Chambers.

About the Photographer
Jo Murrieta, Business Manager

Joanna Rosario Murrieta is 24 years young in pursuit of making a difference in the world with her words. She is currently a Fresno City College student...