President Orders Student Government to Be Trained on Brown Act, Responsibilities

ASG President Washington reading the email threads between Van Gilder and faculty to the ASG committee on Tuesday Sept. 18, 2018.

Photo by: Jo Murrieta

Photo by: Jo Murrieta

Story By: Larry Valenzuela, Multimedia Editor

Just one day after the release of a Rampage story concerning the violations of Brown Act in the Associated Student Government, Carole Goldsmith, president of Fresno City College, informed Christopher Washington, ASG president, that the student government will be attending a two-hour workshop, focusing on Brown Act and responsibilities of student government officers.

FCC President Goldsmith notifies ASG President Christopher Washington of a mandatory workshop focused on Brown Act and the responsibilities of student government officers following the release of The Rampage feature story concerning Brown Act violations, Thursday, Sept. 27 2018.

The workshop will be led by Eileen O’Hare-Anderson, general counsel for the State Center Community College District and Goldsmith herself.

The meeting will take place on Oct. 3 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the ASG Senate Chambers.