Rams Score Four Goals, Paving the Way for Fall Success

Story By: Omari Bell, Reporter

The Fresno City College men’s soccer team dominated Canada College for their second win of the season with a score of 4-0 on Thursday, Sept. 13 and remain undefeated with a record of 2-0-3.

Seven minutes into the game the Rams owned a two goal lead from the help of sophomores Manuel Lopez and  team captain Alex Covarrubia.

Having already weathered a good amount of chances, and looking well on their way to their second win of the season after coming off of a tough tie against Las Positas.

“I felt like we took a step forward, but it’s one of the first wins of the season and many more to come,” Sophomore captain Alex Covarrubias said.

The Rams sophomore winger Deywan Sykes is a player that the team banks on to make plays and he succeeded as he recorded another assist early to Lopez for the team’s first goal.

“From me playing at 100 percent for my teammates, I feel like it opens up a lot of key opportunities for our forwards,” Sykes said. “Bringing a lot of the pressure onto me opens up so much for my teammates.”

The third goal was struck well from a free kick just outside the top of the 18 by freshman Alexis Rodriguez in the 31st minute and that put the Rams up (3-0) at the half.

“We haven’t been scoring and they are a pretty good team,” Solberg siad. “They’re a playoff team but i think everything changed because we came out strong with consistent energy.”

The Rams will be hosting West Valley Community College Saturday, Sep. 15 at 4 p.m.

Omari Bell, Social Media Editor

As a writer, photographer, and student-athlete, Omari Bell is one of many to admit, “I do a little bit of everything and a lot of nothing.” Born and raised in Fresno, California, Omari is one of our newest writers for the rampage and uses his creativity and passion for writing to be the voice of the people and he thinks of his writing as notes for the community to see; the readers know what stories he’s written without needing a byline because he forces them to really think about what’s going on around them in 200+ characters.

Omari also is a part of FCC Men’s soccer team and was lucky enough to be a part of the last season’s 2016 team that made it to the state finals.

When he’s not on the soccer field he’s usually focused on music, movies, art, sports, politics, and pop culture.