Second Annual Ram Health Fair is Around the Corner

Photo by: Sarah Hernandez
Flyer posted advertising the Ram Health Fair event outside of the bookstore next to Veterans Square on Sep. 20, 2023.

On Wednesday Sep. 27, Fresno City College will host the second annual Ram Health Fair, where 40 health-related vendors will showcase free services to help influence positive and healthy habits among students and staff.

The event will take place in the University Mall by the library from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. with free services for the event that include vaccination, Women, Infant and Children(WIC) services, Narcan Distributions, Blood Pressure checks and HIV/Hepatitis C testings and more.

Groups that will be there include, United Health Care, IQ Vision, Central California, Pregnancy Care Center, Valley Fitness and many others will attend the event.

According to Lili Goishi-Bessy, Fresno City Colleges Student Health Service Coordinator, the idea of the event is to help students make positive health choices and know about the community health resources available to them, according to

The event will also showcase more of a diverse stream of health related services for students that focus on specific wellness and health related issues.

These include services from Tower Yoga, Black Wellness and Prosperity Center/African American Coalition, Cultiva La Salud, and Tzu Chi Mobile Clinic, Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission (EOC) and the LGBTQ+ Resource Center.

Goshi-Bessy, Fresno City Colleges Student Health Service Coordinator wants students to “find it beneficial and meeting their needs.”

Last year’s event had about 50 different vendors compared to the 45 registered this time around, according to Goshi-Bessy.

The registry for the event is still open, so more may be coming to the event.

Health and Service is also administering a student survey at the Health Fair for student feedback to help determine how successful they were for providing health resources that are beneficial to the needs of students.