Rams Win Big in Homecoming Game, 49-21 over Chabot College

Fresno City College football has had an up and down season this year, the No. 9 rams (4-3 overall, 1-1 Central Valley Conference) are riding high after a big homecoming victory over No.11 Chabot College (3-4, 1-1 CVC), 49 to 21, on Saturday October 25 at Ratcliffe Stadium.

After losing big to Laney College last week the rams knew they have to come back home and dominate which they did from the opening kick.

“I was really happy with the way our team responded, how we redirected our focus this week in practice and responded to a tough situation,” said Head Coach Tony Caviglia.

The rams came out early and set the tone and often on the ground running for 313 yards, they got a big game from freshman Jeremy Smith who is currently ranked 8th in the state in rushing, who ran for 168 yards.

“We practiced a lot this week, executed everything coach taught us this week,” said Smith

The ram defense was stout all night long always just 93 yards rushing.

The rams have just three games remaining this season to try and capture the Central Valley Conference title. They’re last three opponents of the season will be at San Joaquin Delta on November 1, home November 8 against Modesto College, and at College of Sequoia on November 15.