Table Takes #07: #PlaneBae and the Plane Crash of Social Media feat. Paulina

Photo by: Ram Reyes

Photo by: Ram Reyes

Story By: Tommy Tribble and Ram Reyes

This week’s episode is equal parts social media autopsy and absolute disaster when Tommy lets Ram pick the topics this week. We’re talking the controversy surrounding #planebae and the concept of making a social media moment out of unwilling participants, the dangers of the discourse, the need to unplug from twitter, and, weirdly, The Last Jedi???? Again?????

Tommy Tribble is the Editor-in-Chief of The Rampage, and you can find him on Twitter and Instagram @tomiiwrites and Ram Reyes is the Art Director of The Rampage and can be found on Twitter and Instagram @_ramuel and on Medium @ramuelreyes.

Got any hot takes? Use #TableTakes or email us at [email protected] and they might just be featured on next week’s episode!

The intro theme song is “moon chillin” by epsilon not.

About the Writers
Tommy Tribble, Editor-in-Chief
Tommy Tribble is the 24-year-old editor-in-chief of The Rampage, formerly the opinion editor. Tommy is an English major, a writer, an aspiring novelist, and a Capricorn. He’s talented, or whatever, but mostly he’s just tired. Tommy’s passion in life is storytelling. He always imagined that passion would take shape as the dragons and swords of...
Ram Reyes, Art Director
Ramuel Reyes is a 23-year-old, currently living in Fresno, California. He was born in Lucena City, Philippines. After living five years in the United Arab Emirates, his family moved to Warwick, Rhode Island in 2007. They moved the following year to Fresno, where they lived ever since. Ram is pursuing journalism, with a focus on...