Looking for Holiday Fun in Fresno? Here are 4 Ideas

Story By: Melissa Moua, Reporter

Looking for ideas on what to do with your loved ones this holidays? Below is a list of exciting events and places to spend time with people you love.

If you are an animal lover and love the holiday season, this event is for you. Prices for children begin at $7 and $9 for adults. This event runs various nights in December from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Visit to enjoy the many lights that are shaped into zoo animals.

It is always fun experiencing this Fresno tradition, no matter how many times you have already. Nothing is better than the homes with colorful lights, fun cut out poster boards of classic Christmas holiday films such as “The Grinch” while drinking warm beverage.

This year, Christmas Tree Lane will be celebrating its 95th anniversary that runs Dec. 2 through Dec. 25. There will be two ‘Walk Nights’ on Dec. 2 and 12. The rest of the nights are for vehicles only, starting from Shields Avenue, on Van Ness Boulevard, all the way to Shaw Avenue. The lane is open from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Sundays through Thursdays, and 6 p.m. to 11 p.m on Fridays and Saturdays.

The city of Fresno is holding its 88th Annual Downtown Fresno Christmas Parade at the newly reopened Fulton Street on Dec. 2, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. This year’s theme pays tribute to  jazz and R&B, the different types of music from the 1960s. It is a free event that friends and family can attend, with food vendors, marching bands, business organizations and much more.

Tower District is having a holiday fun extravaganza on the first three weekends of December. Each weekend at 6 p.m., Santa Claus will take time out of his busy schedule and make an appearance. Bring your loved ones and enjoy lights, music and food.

Melissa Moua, Reporter

Melissa Moua was born in Marysville, California on January 15th, 1996. She is the baby of eight, being the last of one boy and 6 girls. She was always a funny person that was always laughing. Her parents are refugees from the Vietnam war. They worked hard to give her and her siblings the best that they could do. They relocated to Clovis, California, and that is where she spent the rest of her teenage years.

After graduating from Clovis East High School, her intended major was nursing. It wasn’t her choice or her parents. Three of her older sisters were in the medical field. They told her that nursing was easy and gave good money. Melissa wasn’t the smartest person, but attempted nursing anyways.

After failed attempts at biology and chemistry classes, she realized that she had to change something. It was either to take a semester off, or switch majors. Melissa was always up to date with what was happening around the world. She was able to remember useless facts about celebrities instead of the formulas for a sphere.

Finally realizing what she wanted to do, she switched her major to Journalism in hopes to pursue a career in Public Relations.