Food choices around FCC

Bobby Salazar’s Taqueria

Smacked right in the middle of the Tower District sits Bobby Salazar’s Taqueria.  It is a bar and grill that serves Mexican food and a large variety of alcohol. There are taco specials on Thursdays and there are some dishes that are decently priced, however, the drinks can be quite expensive.  There is loud music playing through most of the night and it can get elbow to elbow crowded during the weekends. This is more of a college aged hangout that can lead to a bit of a rowdier environment. There is usually a security guard that performs a metal detector screening at the entrance.  There is usually a good crowd and there is a patio looking out on to the street that is great for people watching. For a fun and noisy night, head to Bobby Salazar’s Taqueria.

Mr. Sushi

If you don’t want to go too far north for some sushi, then you could just head down to Olive in the Tower District and go to Mr. Sushi.  It is mainly a sushi bar but they also have other traditional Japanese dishes such as rice, noodles, beef, chicken, and seafood. It is usually pretty slow during the weekdays but it gets a good crowd going on during the weekend nights. The prices are cheap for the sushi but it is not the best sushi in town.  There is a mixed type of crowd that goes to Mr. Sushi and it is a nice place to grab a drink at the bar. The service is not too great but it is a nice place to go if you want some good sushi for a cheap price.

The Landmark

If you are taking a stroll down the Tower District you can’t miss The Landmark restaurant located on the corner of Olive and Broadway.  The Landmark serves American food that runs from $10-15 per entrée. There is also a full bar with an assortment of liquors and a variety of tap and bottled beer. Customers are free to have their drinks or meals on a back patio where smoking is allowed.  The restaurant appeals mostly to the middle age crowd for its quiet and calm atmosphere. Many nights there are live bands and musicians that perform jazz, R&B, and the blues. There are times when couples dance around the dining room and the Landmark sets the perfect atmosphere.  The staff is very friendly and the prices are decent. If one is looking for a nice meal or a good drink to spend a calm evening.

Fresno City College’s Cafeteria

If you’re hungry but only have a short amount of time between classes, then the school cafeteria is a perfect choice.  We have the school cooks that always have a variety of fresh foods from different cultures and countries. There are combo dishes with the main item and a couple of sides that are decently priced.  There are burgers, pizza, soups, and sandwiches and there is a soda fountain. There are also items such as chicken wraps, hot dogs, corndogs, and grilled cheese sandwiches that are only $1.50.  There are prepared salads, yogurts, sandwiches, and desserts that are a little overpriced but they are always delicious.  The dining area can sometimes get pretty crowded but one can usually find a table very easily. The cafeteria closes at 3:00 p.m.

Pacific Café

Located right next to the student book store at FCC is the Pacific Café.  They serve several types of dishes and food such as chicken tenders, burritos and Chinese food. They are quite famous for their teriyaki bowls. They sell snacks, candies, and a variety of soft drinks. They even sell packaged sushi rolls.  The dining area of the Café can get full during lunch and it might be hard to find a seat. The prices are a little high but nothing that will leave a dent in your wallet. It is just as good a choice as the school cafeteria.

Mr. Sushi

Taco Bell

We have all heard of Taco Bell and have seen the one on the corner of McKinley and Blackstone.  There is always the standard Taco Bell menu with the typical assortment of tacos, burritos, chalupas, and nachos. There is also the dollar menu which includes a regular taco, a soft taco, and the Beefy 5 layer burrito.  This Taco Bell can get pretty full during lunch time and it could take a while to get your meal. There are days when every table in the restaurant is filled. The drive through is very busy during most of the day.  Taco Bell can always guarantee a cheap, quick bite that will fill you up.