Fresno City College Instructor Faces Resurfaced Report of Sexual Violence Allegations

Photo of Tom Boroujeni, Fresno City College’s Academic Senate President. Photo sourced from the FCC website.

Yesterday, EdSource released an investigative report claiming that Tom Boroujeni, Fresno City College communication instructor and Academic Senate president, committed an “act of sexual violence” against a Fresno State professor during his time as a graduate student in 2015.

In the report Boroujeni denied the allegations against him.

Hours after the EdSource story was published, Boroujeni led a regularly scheduled FCC Academic Senate meeting, during which no mention of the report was made.

Boroujeni declined to comment on the article and allegations when approached by The Rampage after the meeting.

Current FCC Past President of the Academic Senate Michael Takeda said that the senate “haven’t had a chance to discuss,” the situation and determine if a statement will be made.

EdSource reported in a follow up article that three female instructors in the communication department at FCC canceled classes today out of safety concerns in response to the report.

One of the instructors, Tiffany Sarkisian, sent a message to her students that was obtained by EdSource. In it she said, “The environment at FCC grows more toxic and unsafe by the day, especially as an abuser has been – and continues to be – protected by various campus leaders.”

Boroujeni has been an executive member of the Academic Senate for approximately three and a half years according to Takeda. Boroujeni is currently teaching only one class this fall semester.

Note: This article has been edited post-publication. An error was made stating Tom Boroujeni did not teach any classes this semester. The professor did teach one class on campus.  

Update! Dec. 1, 2023

According to District Spokesperson Jill Wagner, Tom Boroujeni has been placed on administrative leave as of November 30.

Wagner also said, “Mr. Boroujeni has been directed not to come into any non-public areas of the District without explicit permission from the administration.”

This story will be updated.