Far and Wide

Students come from all around the State to attend classes at Fresno City College

FCC offers what many College students seek here in the Valley. Students travel from many different cities around the valley to attend its large campus and rich culture.

The large campus provides an abundance of different major courses and enough space for students to be comfortable with their surroundings. There are places everywhere on campus for students to go, the cafeteria and the main fountain are hot spots for large groups of people, or if students desire  more isolated areas they can be found everywhere on campus. With a sense of adventure many students can find great places to suite any wants or needs.

Kimberly Scott an FCC student from Kerman said “I prefer FCC over Willow International because it has a bigger campus and quality teachers.”

Shady Nicolas an international exchange student from Spain attends FCC because she is visiting family here in Fresno. She said “although classes and healthcare fees are very expensive for international students, she enjoys the campus and people.”

Fresno County is a melting pot of ethnic heritages and rich in cultural diversity. Many students enjoy the abundance of diversity and invite new perspectives from other ethnicities and cultures. FCC `provides 42 different types of clubs with ethnic, interest orientated, culture based, and personal progressive outlets that promote students get involved in their campus.

FCC athletics program thrives with the vast amount of students and talent around the college. Many students join the athletic programs because they stay competitive and have a history of success. This leaves a cookie crumb trail for recruits to scout and acknowledge it athletes for potential scholarships. Students travel from all over the valley for these opportunities.

The teachers of FCC are as diverse in ethnicity as the students are. There are influential teachers all around campus making a difference. Many teachers go out of their way to help give advice or direction to students in need. Other instructors are the leaders of clubs helping manage their motives and at the same time molding students with the skillsets of leadership roles. Many students around campus like their previous teachers and developed good relationships as well as networking opportunities.

Christina Xayavohng is a student that travels from Merced said “theirs cool people and she enjoys the teachers.”

When it comes to diversity in all elements of college FCC is the place to be.  College Students come from all over the valley for the abundance in people and good vibes.  Others attend the campus for their studying their majors or competing in the athletic programs. Some simply choose FCC because it’s a larger campus than others. The only clear reason to why students choose FCC may be its mixture of all it has to offer.