Rams take State Center Bowl, beat Santa Rosa 35-21

The Fresno City College rams football finished the season on a high note with a victory over Santa Rosa College, 35-21, on November 23 at Ratcliffe Stadium. They captured the State Center Bowl

“This win was very big for the sophomores, the ones won’t coming back, and might not continue their football careers,” said Freshman running back Jeremy Smith.

Smith the state’s leading rusher finished the game with 168 yards on 29 carries, he finished the year with 1735 yards and 17 touchdowns.

“It was the lineman, the five guys up front they were dominate up front and set the tone this game,” said Smith

FCC defense stepped up huge this game, forcing 4 interceptions and 3 sacks. 2 of those interceptions were buy Freshman Safety Tahje Moore.

“We played physically, we came out played to our strengths and got this win,” said Moore.

Quarterback Christian Rossi had an excellent day in the air passing for 220 yards and 3 touchdowns.

“Christian limited his mistakes after the first half, and had a great day, he’ll be an excellent quarterback,” said Head Coach Tony Caviglia

FCC finished the season with an overall record of 7-4, and ended the season No.11 on the state.

“This game means a lot to these kids, we had an up and down year, we kept working and try and I’m really happy and proud of these players,” said Caviglia