5 FCC Volleyball Players Sign Letters of Intent

The tradition continues as five more Fresno City College volleyball players sign letters of intent to continue their education and volleyball careers at the Division 1 level.

“This is one of the closest group of girls I’ve had here at FCC,” said Tracy Ainger-Schulte, head coach. These five players led FCC to a 14-0 Central Valley Conference record, a 21-6 overall record and a spot in the 2nd round of the NorCal playoffs

Sophomores Katie Lowe, Lisa Armendariz, Madison Rinehart, Ashlyn Riding and Cassandra Simons will all be transferring in the fall.

“I was anxious, but this was an unforgettable moment for me, I’ll remember this for the rest of my life,” said Armendariz. “I got to sign with my best friend sitting right next to me.”

Armendariz and Lowe will be attending CSU Bakersfield. Ashlyn Riding will be going to San Diego Christian College. Rinehart and Simons will play for coach Thomas Kirst of Simpson University.

“Coach Tracy Ainger-Schulte contacted me about a few of her players,” Kirst said. “They worked out for us and we hope they are really good for our program.”

The five sophomores are a long line of FCC volleyball players to transfer in coach Ainger-Schulte’s tenure.

Lowe led this year’s Rams team with 239 kills. She was also on the 2014 NorCal All-Region team.

“Considering all the schools, Bakersfield is close to home, family is important to me,” said Lowe. “It’s a chance to play at a higher level and I get the chance to play all year round with indoor volleyball.”

“This highlights what we mark has success in our program,” said Ainger-Schulte. “The season doesn’t end with winning or losing on the court; it is a success for me when these ladies continue their academic and their volleyball careers at the next level.”