FCC Wins 7th straight Battle of the Pump

FCC+Wins+7th+straight+Battle+of+the+Pump+

Fresno City College football is back to its winning ways, after a 49 to 44 win against rival Reedley College in the 38th annual Battle of the Pump, Oct. 4 at Ratcliffe Stadium.

After a week were the rams rushed for -2 yards, they got back on track and ran for 266 yards on 54 carries.

“Rivalry games aren’t easy, you always get the other team’s best shot,” said Head Coach Tony Caviglia. “Guys made big plays in this game.”

Freshman Running Back Jeremy Smith carries the load this game for FCC, running for 168 yards on 26 carries and scored a touchdown. Sophomore running back Errian Wingfield had 64 yards on 13 carries and 2 touchdowns.

“It was a good bounce back win after struggling the last 2 games,” said Sophomore Quarterback Nolan Sorenson. “We have a bye week next and that’s important because we can get some players back.”

Sorenson and Christian Rossi had double duty at the quarterback position, going 12 for 16 with 185 yards and 3 touchdowns.

FCC has won the pump for the 7th straight year. They have a bye next week before facing Chabot College Oct. 25 at Ratcliffe Stadium it will be the rams Homecoming game.

“It’s great to keep the pump in Fresno,”said Sorenson